The benefits of becoming a member of The Sickle Cell Society
The Sickle Cell Society is the only national charity in the UK that supports and represents people affected by sickle cell disease. The Sickle Cell Society was setup by a group of patients, parents and health professionals who were all concerned about the lack of understanding and inadequacy of treatment with sickle cell disorders.
The Sickle Cell Society is a patient led organisation, our work is to benefit and improve the overall quality of life for patients as well as support those that are caring for them. Membership entitles you to the following:
• The right to vote at the annual general meeting which takes place July each year
• Regular newsletter to keep you abreast of national developments including policy, service development, research, treatment and ongoing management of the condition.
• Invitation to attend our free events so you can hear first hand of the work being done nationally and giving you the opportunity to network with others in similar circumstances
• Signposting to sources of support support including information, advice and advocacy
• Involvement with patient and carer focus groups related to research and development in to sickle cell disorder
The Society’s membership is open to all individuals who are aged 18 years and above, health professionals/organisations, corporate organisations and the general public. Membership to the Sickle Cell Society is now free! Please fill out the form below to give us your details.
Please become a member today and support our ongoing work.
Please consider making a donation to the Society.